Danielle Bennett

Hey Guys, welcome to my blog :)

Sunday 5 December 2010

Existing Music Magazine Research

I have looked at many existing music magazines to influence me in the making of mine. In particular, I wanted to look at acoustic magazines to see what they look like and the conventions in which I will need to look at. I found this magazine called ‘Acoustic’ which obviously follows this genre. I like the way the featuring artist is making eye contact with the reader, luring them in to buy the magazine, I also like the way he looks relaxed which conveys to the calm acoustic genre. They have used lures, bold captions, large artists’ names and the rule of thirds to entice the reader into this magazine.  I will consider these conventions when making my magazine and would like to shoot a photo a bit like this, but with a plainer background. 

The second magazine which I looked at was ‘Q’ magazine. Although this is not an acoustic magazine and doesn't follow the genre of mine, I chose this as I like the layout and sophisticated look to it. The grey background is useful as it draws the readers attention to the title name and the foreground picture. I like the way there is a simple colour scheme of black, white, grey and red. I think I will use this technique for my magazine, but change the red tone to a different colour. I was also thinking of having a black and white foreground image; however after seeing this, I have decided that it may be more effective to have a coloured picture instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment